This is just a bit of a collective post of the beauty related items I have picked in the last week or so. I continue to do these posts because they are amongst my most read posts, but please let me know if you don't like these types of posts. :)
First off a couple of things I picked up a Chemist. I purchase two more Polished London nail polishes. This time I got London Eye which is a nice bright orange. The other colour I got is Bambino which is a bright pink. Again they were only $7.99 each.
I also I picked up a new Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm. This is the limited edition version that I believe was released for NYFW. The scent/flavour is Protecting Baby and it is nice, not too strong. I find the Baby Lips are okay lip balms when lips are not too dry. This was about $4.00.
After seeing all the advertising for the new Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner, I had to get one. It has a very fine brush tip which will hopefully be easy to use. I haven't tried this on my eyes yet but it does not seem as black as I expected. I paid around $14.00 for this.
The other items I picked up were from a discount store called Cheap as Chips. It is similar to the Reject Shop. The had a pile of Loreal, Maybelline and Revlon cosmetics for $3.00 each so naturally I had to pick some items up. :) The only problem is many of the colours were horrible, so I had to spend a good amount of time digging through the items.
I picked up:
- Revlon Age Defying Light Makeup SPF30 in 30 Skin Brightener.
- I tried this today and it is a little orangey but I love the SPF30 and it feels light on. I would call it a tinted moisturiser.
- Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in 002 Peach Sorbet
- This is a really nice pinky peach. I am really into matte eyeshadows at the moment and this seems really smooth and pigmented.
- Loreal HIP Liquid Highlighter in 208 Ornate
- I got this thinking it was a face highlighter but once I got it home a peeled off the price label it says to not use on the face. So this probably won't get used now - I was really disappointed as it is a pretty bronze colour.
- Maybelline Eye Express Cream Shadow Stick in 200 Touch of Toffee
- I love cream shadows - they are so easy to apply. This is a pale, sparkly champagne colour that seems quite pigmented.
- Loreal HIP Colour Crystal Eyeliner in 912 Silver Sparkle
- I wish they'd had other colours, this is so creamy and pigmented. I think the packaging had called it a gel pencil liner. I can't wait to use this.
- Maybelline Line Stylist in Bright Highlight
- This is a silvery white highlight pencil. Sadly it seems a little dry and not very pigmented.
The items were only $3.00 each so I don't mind if they turn out to be fails but at this stage I am pretty happy with the items I picked up. If you have a Cheap as Chips near you, head there soon to check out what items they have.
What have you purchased recently? Have you used any of the items I purchased? Any suggestions for items I must have? :)
I am looking forward to trying the Maybelline Baby lips which I won from their facebook comp - I love the cute packaging. The Revlon peach eyeshadow looks good as I love peach coloured products. Would love to see a makeup/EOTD look using this.ReplyDelete
Well, I just bought my favorite brand's eye shadow quad the other day. If you want to get a better idea of the quality of the product that you want to purchase, you can ask the feedback of your girlfriends or search the net about information on the models of that certain product. Or you can join in web forums that talk about what's in and out of fashion - this is what I usually do.ReplyDelete
@Evanescencessy: My 19-year-old niece is fond of Maybelline products! You'll be good friends.
Easily Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And TrafficReplyDelete
Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.