This is just a bit of a collective post of the beauty related items I have picked in the last week or so. I continue to do these posts because they are amongst my most read posts, but please let me know if you don't like these types of posts. :)
First off a couple of things I picked up a Chemist. I purchase two more Polished London nail polishes. This time I got London Eye which is a nice bright orange. The other colour I got is Bambino which is a bright pink. Again they were only $7.99 each.
I also I picked up a new Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm. This is the limited edition version that I believe was released for NYFW. The scent/flavour is Protecting Baby and it is nice, not too strong. I find the Baby Lips are okay lip balms when lips are not too dry. This was about $4.00.
After seeing all the advertising for the new Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner, I had to get one. It has a very fine brush tip which will hopefully be easy to use. I haven't tried this on my eyes yet but it does not seem as black as I expected. I paid around $14.00 for this.
The other items I picked up were from a discount store called Cheap as Chips. It is similar to the Reject Shop. The had a pile of Loreal, Maybelline and Revlon cosmetics for $3.00 each so naturally I had to pick some items up. :) The only problem is many of the colours were horrible, so I had to spend a good amount of time digging through the items.
I picked up:
- Revlon Age Defying Light Makeup SPF30 in 30 Skin Brightener.
- I tried this today and it is a little orangey but I love the SPF30 and it feels light on. I would call it a tinted moisturiser.
- Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in 002 Peach Sorbet
- This is a really nice pinky peach. I am really into matte eyeshadows at the moment and this seems really smooth and pigmented.
- Loreal HIP Liquid Highlighter in 208 Ornate
- I got this thinking it was a face highlighter but once I got it home a peeled off the price label it says to not use on the face. So this probably won't get used now - I was really disappointed as it is a pretty bronze colour.
- Maybelline Eye Express Cream Shadow Stick in 200 Touch of Toffee
- I love cream shadows - they are so easy to apply. This is a pale, sparkly champagne colour that seems quite pigmented.
- Loreal HIP Colour Crystal Eyeliner in 912 Silver Sparkle
- I wish they'd had other colours, this is so creamy and pigmented. I think the packaging had called it a gel pencil liner. I can't wait to use this.
- Maybelline Line Stylist in Bright Highlight
- This is a silvery white highlight pencil. Sadly it seems a little dry and not very pigmented.
The items were only $3.00 each so I don't mind if they turn out to be fails but at this stage I am pretty happy with the items I picked up. If you have a Cheap as Chips near you, head there soon to check out what items they have.
What have you purchased recently? Have you used any of the items I purchased? Any suggestions for items I must have? :)